It’s hard to think of any aspect of any market sector that doesn’t involve, or revolve around, influence. Back on October 7th, Steve Loudermilk (@loudyoutloud) and I tried a novel approach to our Analyst Relations/Influence chat (#ARchat) by engaging in a joint chat session with #B2Bchat, the B2B chat hosted by Ksenia Coffman (@kseniacoffman), Jeremy Victor (@jeremyvictor), Andrew Spoeth (@andrewspoeth) & the crew at @b2bento.
During this chat, we focused on market influencers, specifically, what role can, or should, Analyst and Influencer Relations have in the B2B sector.
Tonight we’re firing it up again with the #B2Bchat team for our 2nd look at influence in the B2B sector. This time, however, we are taking an inward-looking approach regarding how firms themselves influence their market, the importance of defining an “influence strategy”, working with new influencers, and measuring a firms “influence impact” on the market.
Questions that we will discuss include:
- How do you presently identify your own firm’s “influence” in the market?
- How do you measure your firm’s influence against your competitors?
- Who drives your corporate market influence strategy (both customer-side and outside influencers)?
- What steps can be taken to improve your influence (How key is traditional marketing vs SM in these efforts)?
- How do you spread your influence to “new influencers” like bloggers who break news stories and analysis faster than traditional influencers?
- How are you thinking about your “influencing” strategy from an in-sourcing or outsourcing approach?
Please join us tonight, December 2nd at 8pm ET for this “influencing” event. We’ll be using the #B2Bchat hashtag – hope to see you there.